Skip to main content
Ok, so it's been made clear that Im not very good at this blogging thing :) Im REALLY good at keeping up with everyone else's blogs, but keeping up with my own? HA! Anyway.. here's an update on the last 3 months..


First there was Thanksgiving. We went up to Brad's parents place in WI (Weyauwega, WI) as we do every year.. and had a very nice traditional Thanksgiving dinner with some family from his side.. 12 or so of us in all! Abigail wasn't a big fan of most of the food but she did eat some squash and mashed potatoes :) And I failed to take any pictures of her first turkey day.. doh! Anyway, I have pleanty of mental pictures :)


Christmas was also very nice! We spent Christmas Eve with Brad's parents and brother. We went to church and then to our usual Christmas Eve spot for dinner.. Rok Bonki!! LOVE it. Abigail enjoyed the "show" (its a Japenese steak house where they cook in front of you!) and ate some food too :) She was SO good as we pushed her wayyyyy past her bedtime that night! Then we went back to the in laws for presents! Yay! We all got a bunch of really nice things and our "big" gift was from Brad's parents - a trip, for all of us, to Disney World!! Can be booked at any time in the next 2 years so right now we're looking at March of 2012 because Abigail will be at a good age to enjoy it :) Something to look forward to for a year!! :) Christmas Day we started our "own" tradition here at home by going to our favorite breakfast place, Elly's, in Mundelein (Who'd have thunk they'd be open on Christmas Day?? But they were!!!).. and then afterwards went back ot the in laws for our traditional prime rib dinner. All in all.. a good holiday!


Then came Abigail's 1st birthday.. I CANNOT believe my baby turned 1 on January 18. She is growing up SO fast and I just don't know where time is going! Brad took the day of her birthday off work and the 3 of us went out to lunch at Applebees.. got her a fun and healthy meal of grilled cheese and fries.. hahaha! She loved it though. Then that weekend was her birthday party which we held at the Civic Center in RLB (for space purposes!) and it went off without a hitch. Despite all the stress I put myself thru over planning, games, the fact that we couldnt have FOOD (except cake and drinks..).. everything came together and we were very blessed on this day!
And now a few weeks have gone by and we are getting ready to leave for our second vacation to FL to see "Grandma" (my mom), Great-Grandpa, Great Aunt Sandy & cousin Katie!! We could not be more excited! Leave it to me to leave packing and all that to the last minute, so I am kinda stressed today (and will be tomorrow!) and then also stressed thinking about the plane ride. Last time we went it was pretty hard.. but in different ways. Abigail was 4 months old and was just SCARED and tired.. but I was able to nurse her to sleep and it was smooth sailing from there. At this age, I know she is a lot more distractable and will be easy to keep from getting scared, but, she WONT just fall asleep in my arms (boo..) and, now that she is so mobile, she is NOT going to be happy sitting on my lap for 3 hours.. urg.. so, prayers appreciated! I know we'll survive, but it may be tough. I hope Im wrong :)
So that's all the "big" stuff going on. God continues to amaze and bless us daily! I couldnt ask for a whole lot more :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first blog as a Mommy

Well.. I've tried this blogging thing SO many times and never stuck with it. And, truth be told, I dont know if Ill stick with it this time, either. But Im trying! So many of my friends have recently started blogging and I love reading theirs.. I thought, why not start my own? Again.. And so we begin! Abigail turned 10 months old yesterday. I seriously don't know where time goes. It seems like a few months ago, at most, that I was in the hospital having her. Everyone told me this time would go by so fast and to enjoy it, and I have tried but I also have to admit I didn't think it would go THIS FAST!! When I was pregnant and miserable, everyone kept saying the same thing "oh this will pass so quickly!" and it seemed to DRAG!!! Now, not that I thought motherhood would DRAG, but I just kind of thought it might work the same way. Goes fast for most people but not for me. I was wrong, very wrong! Motherhood has made my time fly by like I never thought possible. Being

Sharing Smiley360 Mission

Sharing Smiley360 Mission : I just became a Smiley360 member! Sign-up for free at http://bit.ly/lTDqVw Be heard. Be happy. *Please remember the FTC requires you to mention that you received a free sample courtesy of Smiley360 when sharing.