Skip to main content

My first blog as a Mommy

Well.. I've tried this blogging thing SO many times and never stuck with it. And, truth be told, I dont know if Ill stick with it this time, either. But Im trying! So many of my friends have recently started blogging and I love reading theirs.. I thought, why not start my own?

Again..

And so we begin!

Abigail turned 10 months old yesterday. I seriously don't know where time goes. It seems like a few months ago, at most, that I was in the hospital having her. Everyone told me this time would go by so fast and to enjoy it, and I have tried but I also have to admit I didn't think it would go THIS FAST!! When I was pregnant and miserable, everyone kept saying the same thing "oh this will pass so quickly!" and it seemed to DRAG!!! Now, not that I thought motherhood would DRAG, but I just kind of thought it might work the same way. Goes fast for most people but not for me. I was wrong, very wrong! Motherhood has made my time fly by like I never thought possible. Being she was born n January, at the beginning of the year.. it's just ridiculous. It's Thanksgiving in less than a week! Omg! Seriously.. this year just FLEW!!!

I have been starting to think about her 1st birthday party. It will be fun, and exciting but a part of me just gets so sad that I can only think about it and plan it for very short periods of time! Then I get really sad and have to stop. I guess eventually I'll have to get in gear and really start planning, but, we have 2 months to go... (suddenly Im realizing thats nothing.. 10 months went this fast.. 2 more months is going to feel like a blink!) But anyway.. it is what it is.. we are planning on a princess/fairy tale theme. My friend Jessica is going to make a beautiful (and surely delicious!) cake especially for the theme. I am going to dress Abbie up like a princess for her party. It should be fun :) More plans will come.. as I get less depressed about it and more excited :)

God has been doing such awesome things in my life this year though. Since our new church began 13 months ago my life has changed tremendously. We are FINALLY FINALLY plugged into a church family. This is something I can say Ive never done.. except of course when I was going to church with my parents. But as an adult this is the first time Ive been solidly plugged into a church. I am making friends (pretty much the best friends Ive ever had, time has made me see..) and God is just growing me everyday. I have in the past year been able to weed out bad friendships, something Ive KNOWN I needed to do for a long time but never had the guts to do. This too has made a HUGE impact in my life. My relationships now are all 100% positive and healthy friendships! How AWESOME is that! How RIDICULOUS is it that before this year, I had such UNHEALTHY friendships, and was just OK with that?? Ugh - I could go on and on about this, but I will not! Point is, I am growing and I am becoming the woman I know God intended for me to be.. and I am getting closer and closer to being really happy with who I am. :)

Ok, I guess I COULD ramble on forever! But I wont! Ill try to update this as often as I think about it, but I warn you, my life isn't very interesting :) So if you choose to follow me, that's aweosme - but don't expect exciting news. This is just my outlet, a way for me to talk about whats going on with me and if you are bored by it, don't read it :) hahahah!

<3

Comments

  1. That's so fun Jen!! Welcome aboard!! I like blogging so much better because on Facebook, you can't go back 3 months and "remember when Abagail did this... what was the date??". I love blogging because you can always go back and read. When Abagail is 3 years old and you are totally missing the days when she was this little girl, before she walked, you can go back and relive it! It's pretty cool that way and I do it all the time with mine. Even before I had kids, crazy!

    I look forward to more posts and I completely 100% agree with you on the "only 2 months till birthdays" panic episodes... where does the time go? I hate that it goes this fast...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ok, so it's been made clear that Im not very good at this blogging thing :) Im REALLY good at keeping up with everyone else's blogs, but keeping up with my own? HA! Anyway.. here's an update on the last 3 months.. First there was Thanksgiving. We went up to Brad's parents place in WI (Weyauwega, WI) as we do every year.. and had a very nice traditional Thanksgiving dinner with some family from his side.. 12 or so of us in all! Abigail wasn't a big fan of most of the food but she did eat some squash and mashed potatoes :) And I failed to take any pictures of her first turkey day.. doh! Anyway, I have pleanty of mental pictures :) Christmas was also very nice! We spent Christmas Eve with Brad's parents and brother. We went to church and then to our usual Christmas Eve spot for dinner.. Rok Bonki!! LOVE it. Abigail enjoyed the "show" (its a Japenese steak house where they cook in front of you!) and ate some food too :) She was SO good as we pushed her way

Sharing Smiley360 Mission

Sharing Smiley360 Mission : I just became a Smiley360 member! Sign-up for free at http://bit.ly/lTDqVw Be heard. Be happy. *Please remember the FTC requires you to mention that you received a free sample courtesy of Smiley360 when sharing.